Campuses: Five campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, plus an online set of programme options
Student population: Over 50,000
We are committed to providing you with a quality education, as well as guidance and support to help you make the most of your time as a student in Australia. With five campuses located across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, over 50,000 students, more than 200 degrees and a reputation for research and teaching excellence, Griffith is a leading university of choice in Australia.
The beautiful climate and lifestyle of South East Queensland, along with the University’s global reputation and world-class rankings, are just some of the reasons international students choose to study at Griffith.
Everything you need to know
What can i Study
Griffith offers over 200 degrees in academic study areas including:
- Architecture, construction and planning
- Business and government
- Criminology and law
- Engineering, IT and aviation
- Humanities, languages and social science
- Medicine, dentistry and health
- Music and performing arts
- Science and environment
- Visual and creative arts
World-class subject rankings
Griffith ranks highly for a range of subjects in the ShanghaiRanking Global Ranking of AcademicSubjects 2022. Rankings include:
- Nursing (1 in Australia)
- Hospitality and tourism management (1 in Australia)
- Law and Criminology (1 in Australia)
- Dentistry and oral sciences
(2 in Australia)
- Computer science and engineering (3 in Australia)
- Education (5 in Australia)
- Energy science and engineering (6 in Australia)
Build your career
Griffith graduates are well equipped for the new world of work. Our degrees include real-life industry experiences and we have a great range of employability initiatives to help you be job-ready.
1. Community Internship
The Community Internship is a 10-credit point course, available to students in most Griffith degrees. Through this course you can make a difference in a local community organisation while developing a range of professional and personal skills. You will spend a minimum of 50 hours in a volunteering placement and combine this with academic learning. With hundreds of internship opportunities available, we are able to tailor the internship to match your study area or interests.
2. Careers and Employment Service
Our Careers and Employment service supports you to plan your career, become job ready, and find work both while you study and after you graduate. Get help with cover letters, your CV, interview preparation and job search techniques to improve your employability and increase your chances of finding your dream job.
We offer a range of scholarships to support international students studying our undergraduate, postgraduate, research and pathway programmes. At Griffith, scholarships are awarded primarily on academic merit and, for coursework students, eligibility is assessed automatically as part of the admission process.
Student support services
You will have access to Griffith University’s diverse range of student support initiatives, programmes and staff dedicated specifically to helping international students, including the International Student Advisory, the Griffith Mates, Careers and Employment Service, and more.
Enjoy the most memorable years of your life with the Griffith Mates. The Griffith Mates are a diverse peer-support network for international students. Members speak over 46 languages! Griffith Mates will help you make the most of university, make friends, and:
- Meet other international and Australian students
- Join in volunteering opportunities which change each trimester. These can include volunteering at fun runs, community events and caring for the environment.
- Visit amazing locations on trips around South East Queensland
- Attend free on-campus events and activities from games and sports to networking events
- Expand your world view with cross-cultural leadership opportunities by becoming a Griffith Mate.