Location: Three campuses in Melbourne, two in Vietnam, and a hub in Barcelona
Student Population: 97,000
Study in the heart of Melbourne
We’re in one of the most liveable cities in the world and rank first in Victoria for student engagement.*
RMIT has been delivering blended learning – online and face-to-face – for some time. Students can study online by participating in lectures and tutorials via Canvas, our online learning and teaching platform, to ensure continued learning in any circumstances. At RMIT you’ll join an engaged digital community, where we all connect and learn together, no matter where you are in the world.
Reputation and rankings
RMIT is known internationally as a leader in technology, design and enterprise. We are among the top Australian performers in the 2021 QS World University Rankings.
- 11 in the world and 1 in Australia and Asia-Pacific in art and design
- 25 in the world and 3 in Australia in architecture and built environment
- Top 50 in the world and 4 in Australia in communications and media studies
- Top 100 in the world in civil and structural engineering
Everything you need to know
Melbourne campus – heart of the city
Situated in the centre of Melbourne, the City campus is surrounded by some of the world’s best galleries, restaurants, cafes, theatres, shops, recreational venues and parks. Conveniently located opposite Melbourne Central railway station, trains, trams and buses will take you virtually anywhere you need to go in the greater Melbourne area.
Brunswick campus – a creative hub
Brunswick, 6km north of the city, is where multicultural Melbourne meets its creative soul. This campus is home to around 2,500 students and to many of RMIT’s design-related programmes, including fashion and textile technologies, merchandising and product development. RMIT’s A$8 million Fashion Hub is a world-class facility located at the Brunswick campus. The space allows students and staff to experiment with fashion design in an urban environment while learning industry best practice. Getting to Brunswick campus from the centre of Melbourne is easy using the train or tram.
Bundoora campus – the great outdoors
Situated in the north of Melbourne, the Bundoora campus is home to many of RMIT’s health and biomedical science and engineering programmes. The campus features purpose-built laboratories, state-of-the-art teaching facilities and a number of sporting and recreational facilities, including a FIFA-approved football pitch, an Australian Rules football oval, athletics track, and tennis and netball courts. Situated near to campus, RMIT’s Health Science Clinic provides training for Chinese medicine, chiropractic, osteopathy and psychology. The Bundoora campus is surrounded by native bushland and tranquil parks, and is easily accessible by tram or bus.
RMIT study areas include:
- Biomedical sciences
- Game design
- Health science
- Information technology
- Social science
Why choose RMIT University?
- We’re Australia’s largest tertiary institution.
- We’re ranked in the top 1% of universities globally** and 18 in the world out of universities under 50 years old***.
- Our flexible and stackable programmes give you more options than most institutions. We offer over 450 internationally recognized qualifications from certificates and diplomas through to postgraduate, masters and PhD programmes.
- We have deep relationships with prestigious business partners around the world, so you’ll get invaluable industry experience through collaborations, projects, internships and more. We have over 16,000 partners including leading organisations like BMW, the United Nations, Deloitte, Adidas and L’Oréal.
- Our campuses are known for their award-winning spaces and state-of-the-art facilities. Our facilities are cutting edge and include the RMIT Media Portal, Micro-Nano Research Facility, Advanced Manufacturing Precinct and Design Hub.
- Our campuses are thriving social hubs, with a huge selection of social and sporting clubs, trips and tours, live music and regular events, to get you involved and make sure you feel connected.
- Whatever study area you choose, we have an exciting range of free modules, called RMIT Creds, to support your dreams and help you develop agile and innovative ways of thinking. Whether you want to launch a new product, work smarter in your own business or be a corporate changemaker, we can back you with unique programmes like Activator’s Sandbox and LaunchHUB.
*2020 Good Universities Guide
**2020 QS World University Rankings
***QS Top 50 Under 50 2021