University of Tasmania scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS)
The University of Tasmania’s largest scholarship programme, the Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS) provides international students with a 25% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of their course (provided satisfactory grades are maintained).
The TIS is available for the vast majority of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees offered at the University of Tasmania (please see below for a list of programmes that are NOT eligible for the TIS).
How to apply
You will be automatically assessed for the TIS when you submit your application for admission to the University of Tasmania – no extra paperwork is required. If you are successful in getting a scholarship, this will be detailed in your letter of offer.
Applications to study at the University of Tasmania should be made according to the instructions at the front of the PDF, and submitted to Study Options, 83 Alma Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2DP. You can check the application deadlines for individual course by asking Study Options.
- The TIS are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Your application will automatically be assessed for TIS when you apply for admission to the University, provided that you have met the academic entry requirements for your programme of choice.
- The TIS are awarded at the discretion of the University of Tasmania. As a guideline, however, UK students applying in the past have been successful in getting a scholarship with grades around AAB – ABB.
- The following courses are NOT eligible for TIS: Advanced Diploma of Applied Science (Marine Engineering); Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering); Advanced Diploma of Applied Science (Nautical Science); Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science); Graduate Diploma of Aviation and Business; Bachelor of Medical Research; Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery; Graduate Certificate in E-Health (Health Informatics); Graduate Certificate in Nursing; Graduate Diploma of Clinical Pharmacy; Graduate Diploma in E-Health (Health Informatics); Master of Clinical Pharmacy; Master of Economic Geology.
Important general information
- The academic year in Australia begins in February.
- The TIS scholarship does not cover all tuition fees for a programme; it is an annual reduction of 25%.
- It is not possible to use a UK student loan to fund study in Australia.
- For more information about costs, including living costs as a student in Australia, please read the Costs and Practicalities section.
To find out more and apply for the Tasmanian International Scholarships, please visit this page on the University of Tasmania’s website.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, or any aspect of studying at the University of Tasmania, please contact a Study Options Student Advisor on 020 7353 7200 or submit an enquiry online via the contact section.