University of South Australia
Location: Six campuses, four in and around Adelaide and two in regional South Australia (Whyalla and Mount Gambier)
Student population: Over 37,500
Focused on life beyond the classroom, the University offers a practical approach to teaching and learning with over 200 degrees across a range of academic disciplines. Degrees are designed in partnership with industry, giving you opportunities to gain skills and graduate career ready. UniSA collaborates with more than 2,500 companies worldwide to bring you valuable networking and work opportunities including projects, placements and internships.
Everything you need to know
What can I study?
- Architecture, planning and design
- Clinical exercise physiology
- Communication and media
- Creative industries
- Cyber engineering
- Data science
- Digital business
- Digital learning
- Environmental science
- Exercise and sport science
- Film and television
- Finance and financial planning
- Game art
- Illustration and animation
- Information technology
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Journalism and writing
- Management and HR
- Medical radiation science
- Nursing and midwifery
- Pharmacy and biomedical science
- Public health
- Psychology, social work and human services
- Science and mathematics
- Speech pathology
- Tourism, sports and events
- Visual arts
- Visual effects (VFX)
Our student support services are designed to help you succeed and enjoy your university experience. With over 100 academic, cultural and social clubs, it is easy to find something that interests you. Support services include study assistance, counselling, career advice, mentoring, disability and health services, legal advice, accommodation support and a welcoming orientation programme.
Each year over 2,500 students benefit from scholarships and grants, worth millions of dollars.
You will learn in purpose-built modern facilities with the latest industry-standard tools and technologies. You will have access to innovative labs, community clinics, collaborative learning areas, creative studios and simulation spaces. Highlights include:
- The Iress Trading Room: A state-of-the-art learning facility featuring live market data and financial analysis tools.
- Samsung SMARTSchool: One of the most technologically advanced teacher-training facilities in Australia, featuring Samsung technology including video walls and VR headsets.
- Boeing 737 Next Generation flight simulator: Equipped with the latest technologies to simulate flying conditions for aviation students.
Our research is inspired by challenges and connected to both industry and community needs. Research degrees are focused on producing new knowledge, finding solutions to global challenges and preparing candidates for competitive careers.
Life in Adelaide
A welcoming and multicultural city, Adelaide is the ideal home away from home. It also has one of the highest standards of living in the world yet is one of the least expensive cities in Australia.
- One of the world’s top young universities (Ranked 52, 2023 THE Young University Rankings)
- Top 5 in Australia for quality education (Ranked 3, 2023 THE University Impact Rankings)
- 1 in Australia for graduate employability (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2020 – 2022, Graduate Employability Skills Indicator. Public universities)
- Overall five star plus rating for excellence (2022 QS Stars Ratings)
- Top 15 in Australia for student support (Ranked 12, ComparED (QILT) Student Experience Survey 2020-21 [Undergraduate] Public universities)
- 100% of our assessed research is rated at or above world-class (2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) report, 4-digit Fields of Research)